Super Therm® coating was developed primarily for:
- Industrial manufacturing facilities
- Food and beverage warehouses
- Fresh fruit, vegetable and tobacco warehouses
- Military munitions depots
- Poultry coops and horse/cattle stables
- Ice stadiums and sports halls
- Freezers and refrigerators for fish and meats
- Hotels (especially seaside centres)
Super Therm® is used also for the thermal insulation of:
- Supermarkets and exhibition halls
- Storage tanks for oils and other fluids
- Gas, petroleum and fuel storage tanks
- Roofs and walls of residential and commercial buildings
- Ships, aircraft, trains and buses
- Shipping containers
- Grain and feed silos
- Refrigerated vehicles and trailers
- Roof-mounted air-conditioning units and tubing
Industrial and commercial use:
Super Therm® was developed mainly for use on exteriors as an impenetrable defence for buildings against heating.
- At the surface, the coating forms a perfect barrier protecting the structure against solar radiation, enabling savings of up to 70% on electrical energy used for air-conditioning.
- Energy expense reductions can be achieved by applying the coating either to roofing material or to the building’s exterior walls, because during summer the coating reflects and blocks the transfer of solar heat into the building.
- It is also ideal for secondary insulation of the roofs and walls of freezers, refrigerators, meat-packing facilities, ice stadiums and anywhere that it’s necessary to prevent structural heating during the summer months.
- It protects prepared goods (especially those which spoil quickly) and people against extreme heat during long trips.
- For refrigerated trailers or boxcars, the coating reduces cooling expenses and it also reduces fuel consumption for refrigerated cargo vehicles. UPS has saved up to 35% of costs after applying Super Therm® coating.
- In public transportation, application to bus roofs protects people against extreme heat.
- Insulation of oil or gas tanks can prevent evaporation and progressive heating.
- Insulating industrial air-conditioning units increases their efficiency.
- It provides a fireproof covering to the treated material.
Super Therm® coating creates a thermoprotective shield against heating of munitions storage areas, thereby eliminating the risk of auto-ignition and explosion.
Super Therm® provides a fireproof covering for the treated material and impedes the spread of flame.
- Application to agricultural buildings, barns and stables ensures poultry, cattle and horses the optimal climate throughout the year.
- Thanks to its perfect protection against overheating, it reduces mortality among livestock.
- Thermal stability ensures breeders’ profitability and contributes to increased poultry capacity.
- Reduction of thermal stress to agricultural buildings prolongs their lifespan and reduces energy expenses.
- Application to the roofs of cargo vehicles and refrigerated trailers reduces cooling expenses and protects crops and animals from extreme temperatures in transport during long journeys.
Use in civil construction:
In southern regions with long hot summers it is the ideal protection for buildings’ exterior walls.
It saves a substantial portion of expenses for air-conditioning internal spaces. Treated facades and roofs have high reflectivity to solar radiation and overheating of their surfaces and internal spaces is eliminated. Additionally, the coating efficiently protects facades against fire, UV radiation, weather effects and the growth of mosses and mildew.
In northern regions and countries subject to hard freezes, it is recommended to combine the coating with another type of insulation with the ability to protect against cold. The ideal combination, certified in practice, is Super Therm® insulative coating combined with STYREXON high vapour-permeability foam insulation. (You can read more about this modern material on our website in the Combined Systems section).